Occupational defamation can cause extensive damage to your reputation with your current and future employers, putting at risk all the years of training and hard work that you have sacrificed in order to get ahead. Not only has your reputation been ruined, but your ability to find new employment and increased earning potential has also been damaged beyond repair.
Our Anaheim defamation attorney can assist with all types of occupational and professional defamation across the city and Orange County. We have years of experience in handling defamation lawsuits, so if you believe that you have been defamed, please contact us to schedule a free initial consultation on 818-610-8800. Californian defamation law has a statute of limitations of one year, so we would advise that you contact us as soon as possible – and remember, everything you tell us about your defamation case will be in the strictest confidence.
What Is Defamation?
Defamation is the legal term for a false or misleading statement knowingly made by one person about another to a third party. This statement then causes damage to the person being discussed, mainly to their reputation. There are two types of defamation: slander and libel.
- Slander is defamation by the spoken word –an example would be co-worker A telling co-worker B that co-worker C drinks eight cocktails for breakfast every day, before driving while inebriated into work and then stealing A’s work. If this is untrue, and co-worker A knows this is untrue, and A doesn’t attempt to find out if this is true or not, this would be slander if it then damaged C’s professional standing at work.
- Libel is defamation by publishing. We often hear about cases where public figures have sued newspapers for libel, usually when it comes to false allegations about their reputation. It would also constitute libel if co-worker A wrote the above statements in a company memo, and this memo was then sent to every colleague in the firm, this would constitute libel.
How Anaheim Defamation Lawyers Can Help You
If, as a result of slander or libel in your workplace, your character, reputation or professional standing has suffered, you can speak to one of our experienced lawyers to gain compensation. Reputations can be destroyed by defamation in many ways, including:
- Loss of employment
- Pay cut
- Demotion or denial of promotion
- Negative employment references
- Difficulties in finding new employment due to loss of professional reputation
- Ill health is caused by stress affecting not only you but your family and close friends
Our Anaheim defamation lawyers are ready to file your lawsuit on your behalf. While some suits are settled out of court, we will also represent your case in court, and we have an extensive track record of winning defamation damages for our clients.
Schedule your free initial consultation with an Anaheim JML defamation lawyer today!
To discuss your defamation case with our highly experienced Anaheim employment lawyers, schedule your free initial consultation with our legal team by calling today at 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.