Workplace injuries are distressing. Medical bills, physical therapy, and missed income when you cannot work can place a family under a great deal of financial stress. Thankfully, California workers’ compensation aims to help employees during difficult times.
Unfortunately, your workers compensation claims may be denied, forcing you to navigate a complex system of appeals with no guarantee of benefits. At JML Law, we believe in workers’ rights. Our Anaheim denied claims attorneys aggressively advocate for injured employees to obtain the benefits and compensation they need. Get the security you and your family deserve today by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation.
Why Has My Workers Compensation Claim Been Denied?
Workers’ compensation benefits are being denied in alarming numbers. According to a Lockton Analytics study, claim denials have increased by 20% over the past five years.
Injured employees are significantly affected by denials, which can lead to;
- Delays in treatment, in some cases resulting in irreversible damage
- Forgoing needed surgery or having to pay out-of-pocket
- Emotional distress
- Prolonged financial hardship
The study also found that the most common reasons employers and insurance companies deny workers’ compensation benefits are due to;
- Lack of medical evidence of injury
- No injury per statutory definition
- Reservation of rights
- Pre-existing condition
- Idiopathic condition
- Intoxication or drug-related violation
- Stress non-work related
- Failure to report the accident in a timely manner
- Is not a statutory definition of employee
Can I Appeal a Denied Workers’ Compensation Claim in California?
If you have been denied workers’ compensation for your injuries, you have options. At JML Law, our workers’ compensation attorneys can help you through California’s complicated appeals process.
- Appealing a workers’ compensation denial involves several steps;
- Application for Adjudication of Claim must be completed to begin formal proceedings
- Declaration of Readiness to Proceed acknowledges you will be carrying on with the appeal
- Attend mandatory settlement conference
- Workers’ Compensation Hearing before a judge
- If the judge sides with the insurance company, you may file a Petition for Reconsideration
- If the board does not approve your benefits, you may petition for ‘writ of review,’ or a judicial appeal
The most important step for a successful workers’ compensation appeal is to secure experienced representation. Call today.
Why You Need an Experienced Anaheim Denied Claims Attorney
There are several challenges an injured worker must overcome during the appeals process. Some of the most common include;
- Extensive and detailed paperwork
- Additional medical evidence may be needed to support the extent of your injuries
- Your employer may bring witnesses to dispute your claim
- A judge may limit the evidence in your favor or control the subjects you may speak about in court
Even a small mistake can be grounds for your workers’ compensation appeal to fail. At JML Law, our Anaheim denied claims attorneys have the skills and resources you need to obtain the benefits you deserve.
Call California’s JML Law Today for the Help You Need
If your workers’ compensation benefits have been denied, you need a denied claims lawyer in Anaheim to stand up for your rights. The highly sought attorneys of JML Law have helped numerous workers injured on the job retain the services they need to heal and move on with their life.
Schedule your free consultation with one of JML Law’s esteemed staff today by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.