When you or a loved one go to work, you should never have to worry about whether or not you can afford expenses in the event an injury occurs. If you are struggling to receive workers’ compensation, please seek legal assistance. At JML Law, our denied claim attorneys will get work on your case so we can secure the compensation you deserve. There are various reasons that a claim could be denied. Some of them are legitimate, but often, the reasons for denial are not valid.
Why would a Corona workers’ comp claim get denied?
Work injuries are not rare. When we look at the facts provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), we can see that there are around three million nonfatal work injuries and illnesses each year in the country. While most of these injuries are covered by workers’ comp, there are times when claims are denied.
Work injury claims in California are considered no-fault, meaning that it does not matter what caused your injury – you will get coverage. However, the no-fault system does not cover certain types of behavior that could cause workplace injuries, and there are certain reasons a claim could be denied.
- Negligent behavior could lead to a denial. If you were horse playing or using equipment in ways it was not meant to be used, this could be grounds for a workers’ comp denial.
- Alcohol and drug impairment are a problem. Workers who are injured, while they are impaired by alcohol or drugs, will likely see their claims denied.
- Deadlines are important. Workplace injuries and illnesses need to be reported within 30 days from the date they occur or from when they are discovered. It is important to report injuries as soon as you know about them.
- Your employer could dispute the injury. Your employer could dispute the facts of the case, leading to a denial of the claim.
- The injury has to occur at work. If an injury happens during an unpaid break or during your commute to work, it will likely not be covered.
- You need to see a doctor. If you fail to see a doctor for your injury, your claim will likely be denied.
However, most work injuries are eligible for no-fault workers compensation coverage.
What will my attorney do to help?
When you or a loved one get injured at work, you should never have to worry about how you will pay for your medical expenses or lost income. However, if your workers’ compensation claim is denied, you may need to seek legal assistance. At JML Law, we are ready to get to work on your behalf. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will investigate so we can secure the following:
- Your medical expenses related to the work incident
- Lost income and benefits if you cannot work while you recover
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible for the injury
When you need a Corona denied claim lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.