Not all injuries look the same, and repetitive stress injuries are often taken less seriously than other work injuries. At JML Law, we treat injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) seriously because we know how devastating they can be. When you need a Downey carpal tunnel syndrome lawyer, you can count on us to work diligently to secure the compensation you need. Carpal tunnel can affect your work and personal life, and you should be able to receive maximum coverage for your injuries.
What is carpal tunnel syndrome?
Chances are you have heard about CTS but never really understood what it was – until it happened to you or a loved one. There is a part of your lower wrist called the carpal tunnel. This is an actual tunnel that houses your median nerve and several tendons that allow your hands and wrists to function the way they should. The problem comes when this area is compressed for long periods of time due to workplace activities.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is considered a repetitive stress injury.
How many people are affected by carpal tunnel syndrome?
When you hear the Bureau of Labor Statistics(BLS) say that 2.8 million people suffered from workplace injuries during the latest reporting year, you probably do not think of repetitive stress injuries. However, these injuries affect millions of workers each year:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome affects around 1 in 20 adults in the US (between 3 to 6 percent of the total population).
- Over a recent seven-year period in the US, there were 140,000 carpal tunnel syndrome workers’ compensation claims.
What are the workplace causes of carpal tunnel syndrome?
We told you that CTS is a repetitive stress injury. This develops through repetitive motions of the fingers, hands, and wrists when the body is improperly positioned or supported. Mainly, if the lower portion of your hands or wrists are compressed while you work, you run a high risk of developing CTS.
Some industries and workers have a higher risk of developing CTS, particularly:
- Apparel manufacturing workers
- Animal slaughtering and processing workers
- Textile, fabric, and coating mill workers
- Officer workers or those who type regularly
Will an attorney be able to help this case?
We rely on our hands and wrists to perform most of the tasks we do on a daily basis, both at work and in our personal daily activities. Carpal tunnel syndrome can affect everything we do. If your carpal tunnel syndrome was caused by your workplace activities, you may need to secure legal assistance today. At JML Law, our knowledgeable and experienced team is going to work to secure the following:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the CTS
- Lost wages and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Coverage of any necessary physical therapy
If you need a Downey carpal tunnel syndrome attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.