Wrongful Termination Attorney Los Angeles
The term “wrongful termination” refers to a situation where an employer has discharged or fired an employee in a manner that is a violation of the employee’s legal rights. Wrongful termination can occur in a variety of ways, but for any case of dismissal to be deemed a wrongful termination, it needs to be shown that the dismissal violated one or more employment laws.
Examples Of Wrongful Termination
There are many examples of wrongful termination in the workplace. We represent employees in Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Francisco and throughout California in claims involving issues such as:
- Terminating an employee based on:
- Age (40 and over)
- Religion (including religious dress and grooming practices)
- Disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS
- Marital status
- Medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics)
- National origin (including language use restrictions)
- Sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding)
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Violations of employment contracts
- Whistle blower cases
- Fraud or misrepresentation
- Termination to avoid paying lawful wages, commissions and bonuses
- Retaliation (where the employee complains of any of the above and is terminated as a result of the complaint)
Was I Wrongfully Terminated?
Many times, individuals who have been terminated may not fully understand why they were let go and were given false or inconsistent reasons for the termination. For example, an employer may cite performance issues as the reason for the termination, when recent, positive performance reviews and co-workers can testify to the employee’s good performance.
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation
Call JML Law at 818-835-5735 or email us to speak with an employment law lawyer about your specific case.
We handle all employment law cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that if we don’t obtain a favorable settlement or verdict in your case, you don’t pay any attorneys’ fees.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-835-5735 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.