Being involved in a car accident can be stressful, scary, confusing, and raise a lot of questions. Victims are concerned about working with insurance companies, recovering from injuries, and figuring out a way to repair the car. As a victim though, you should be thinking about whether a car accident attorney can help. Our team of Oakland car accident attorneys at JML Law are trained, experienced and skilled in handling even the most challenging of cases. If you are looking for the right attorneys, we will fight for you every step of the way.
What to do After a Car Accident?
After being invoked in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence you need to take every precaution necessary to ensure you take care of your physical and emotional well-being. This even includes your financial peace of mind. Secure the correct information about the accident or injuries and report back to an attorney. The Oakland car accident attorneys at JML Law will build a case and fight for your rights in a court of law.
You do not want to forget though, that the most important course of action to take immediately after a car accident is to seek medical attention. Even if you believe that your injuries are minor, there could be underlying issues you are not presently aware of. Visiting a medical professional will verify whether or not you have internal injuries.
Victims should never wait to receive medical treatment for injuries. As more time passes between the accident and the moment you seek treatment it becomes more difficult for our car accident attorneys to prove your injuries were due to the accident.
Common Car Accident Injuries
When it comes to the severity of the accident, there are certain types of injuries often seen. In victims. Our lawyers mostly see:
- Burn injuries: Can sometimes be minor and cause irritation to the skin but other injuries can be fatal. Serious burn injuries may require a skin graft which will leave scarring.
- Back and neck injuries: Victims may experience spinal cord damage, herniated discs, whiplash, strains, and sprains.
- Brain and head injuries: Skull fractures, concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and/or lacerations that require plastic surgery.
- Broken bones: Pain from a broken bone can be excruciating. If severe enough, the victim may need surgery.
- Spinal injuries: Injuries to the spine can result in a loss of movement to certain areas or difficulty feeling the lower half of the body.
- Soft tissue injuries: When ligaments, tendons, or muscles are torn or stretched too far because of an accident there is a higher risk of permanent damage to these body parts.
When to Hire an Oakland Car Accident Attorney
Should you find yourself in the mix of a traumatic car accident, you want the JML Law firm on your side. Having an experienced Oakland car accident attorney is crucial if you or a loved one have been injured in an accident. We fight for the financial compensation that you need from insurance companies.
Our attorneys recommend that in order to better your chance of receiving full compensation that you file a claim with the insurance company of the at-fault driver and your personal insurance company too. Submit a request online, or call us at JML Law by dialing 818-610-8800 today.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.