Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
Los Angeles car accidents can lead to devastating injuries. In the aftermath of a crash, you will face major expenses and you need to know how you can secure the compensation you are entitled to. At JML Law, our qualified and experienced team is ready to get to work on your case. Let our Los Angeles car accident attorneys investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
Car accident statistics for California
To gain a sense of how car collisions affect residents in the state, we need to turn to the California Office of Traffic Safety’s latest available statistics. During the latest reporting year, we know that there were hundreds of thousands of vehicle accidents across the state. Out of those, there were:
- 273,069 total injuries
- 3,602 total fatalities
We want to dig into those numbers a bit closer to really see how these incidents affect the residents of this state. While we realize that most car accidents result in only property damage or minor injuries, 14,188 of the injuries were considered “serious,” meaning they dramatically affected a person’s lifestyle.
Common causes of Los Angeles car accidents
The LA car accident attorneys at JML Law have represented clients involved in various types of car accident cases. We regularly handle accidents that were caused by:
- Drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Operating a vehicle without a driver’s license
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Defective equipment or parts
- Poorly maintained roadways
- Distracted driving
- Reckless endangerment
- Road rage or aggressive driving
- Failure to maintain a safe operating condition
Some of the top causes of fatal and injury car crashes were speeding and alcohol. Speeding was cited as the main factor for 1,048 fatalities on average each year over the last five years. In 2017, alcohol-impaired drivers were responsible for 31% of the total fatalities in the state.
How will the LA car accident attorneys at JML Law help your case?
Car accident cases can become incredibly complex, even if you were not at fault for the incident. Most individuals do not have the resources or experience to take on aggressive insurance carriers. After a serious car accident, the physical and financial burden of recovery will be heavy on your mind. When JML Law takes your case, we will work to take care of as much of this process as possible. Our entire firm gets behind each client. You can count on our team to:
- Investigate all aspects of your LA car accident. This will include gathering all evidence related to the crash (video and photo surveillance, eyewitness statements, accident reports, and more).
- Obtain your medical records. We will make sure your medical records are reviewed by a trusted medical professional who can assess the full extent of your injuries.
- Calculated your past, current, and project costs and losses. We will analyze your lost income, total medical bills, cost of medical equipment, and more to determine your total losses.
- File claims with insurance companies. Not only will we file your claim, but we will handle all communication and negotiation with the insurance carriers to ensure you receive fair and prompt payment.
- File a car accident lawsuit. If the insurance carrier refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will not hesitate to file lawsuit and take your case to court.
When to Hire a Los Angeles car accident lawyer
While not all vehicle accident cases will end up in court, that does not mean an attorney will not be necessary. If you are in an accident that was caused by another driver’s careless or negligent actions, you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible.
You have nothing to lose when you call JML Law because your initial consultation is free. By getting our Los Angeles car accident lawyers involved in the process early, you are ensuring we have the best possibility to secure maximum compensation for your case. Your attorney will be able to immediately begin handling all communication between you and the insurance carriers. This is a major benefit because insurance adjusters are not on your side. Their job is to lower the amount of money they pay you in a settlement.
Contact JML Law about your car accident case as soon as possible after your crash.
Before you speak to your insurance carrier
Before you report your crash to your insurance carrier, you should speak to an attorney for a free consultation of your case. Insurance carriers are for-profit entities. They are in the business of making money, and anything you say to them can be used against you to lower the amount of money you receive in a settlement.
Likewise, if you receive phone calls from the at-fault driver’s insurance claims adjuster saying you need to give a recorded statement, call your attorney. You do not have to deal with aggressive insurance tactics.
What kind of settlement can I get from a car accident?
When you are injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, you may be entitled to significant settlements. This can include the following:
- Medical bills: Any medical bills related to your car accident injuries will be counted. This includes bills for past and current treatment as well as the cost of all future treatment that is anticipated due to your injuries. We also want to consider physical therapy and rehabilitation costs.
- Property loss: You always want to ensure your property gets fixed after an accident. Property loss damages include those that happen both to your vehicle as well as other property inside the vehicle that was damaged in a car crash.
- Lost wages: If you miss work due to your injuries, you should be able to receive coverage for any lost wages and benefits you incur.
- Lost future earnings: There are times when car accident injuries impair a person’s ability to return to work. Lost future earnings will help with the losses. We also want to consider those who are able to return to work but in a diminished capacity, possibly a lower-earning job.
- Pain and suffering: Many accident injuries extend beyond just the physical ones. They can include compensation for the pain and suffering you endured or may still continue to experience due to the car accident injuries and damages.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If the car accident injuries have had a detrimental impact on your lifestyle and changed your ability to participate in activities and life pleasures, these damages will help compensate for the loss.
- Punitive damages: If it can be shown that the defendant’s actions were outrageously negligent or willful, you could be entitled to punitive damages. These damages are meant as punishment against the defendant for their conduct and prevent them from acting in the same manner in the future.
OTS Ratings In Los Angeles for 2015
How much will a Los Angeles car accident lawyer cost you?
The answer to that is easy – you will pay no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for your case. We take all LA car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will not pay anything until we recover the compensation you deserve through a settlement or jury verdict. Your focus needs to be on recovering from your injuries, not on how to afford an attorney.
We handle all traffic accidents
Not only do we handle Los Angeles car accidents, but we are qualified to handle all of the following:
- Commercial truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Electric scooter accidents
- Ridesharing accidents (like Uber and Lyft)
- Motorcycle accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Traffic crash wrongful death cases
Is there a time limit to file a Los Angeles car accident case?
Each state sets a time limit to the amount of time someone injured in a car accident has to file a case to recover compensation. In California, injured individuals have two years from the date of the injury to file a case. While most cases are handled through insurance settlements, it is important to keep this two-year time limit in mind. If the insurance carrier refuses to offer a fair settlement, a lawsuit may be the only way to recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Your attorney can come to you
We understand that many car accident victims sustain injuries that prevent them from getting to our offices. That is okay. Our attorneys will not hesitate to come to you for your initial free consultation. Whether you are in the hospital or at home recovering from your injuries, we will make sure that we hear your side of events so we can get your case started.
We are ready to act now – call for your free consultation
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident that was caused by another driver’s careless or negligent actions, contact an attorney immediately. At JML Law, we are prepared to handle every aspect of your case. When you need a Los Angeles car accident attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.