Car Crash Lawyer in Los Angeles
If you have been injured in a car accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation.JML Law is your friend, your advocate, and your warriors.
You judiciously hand over your hard earned money to auto insurance companies in hopes your premiums will work for you when you need them to. You do this assiduously year after year to ensure that you and your loved ones will be protected in the event of a tragic vehicle accident or serious injury due to negligent highway drivers or otherwise poor drivers.
So, you find yourself in a massive auto accident. One would assume the insurer would come across apologetic, maybe ‘accommodating’ to your needs? Unfortunately, they’re quite the opposite. Almost immediately, they scramble to protect their finances. Then, once they’ve given their assessment of the accident, they offer seriously injured persons a pittance. Literally, a check large enough to maybe pay for 1/3 of the damages with no medical bill payments.
JML Law, the Car Accident Attorney Los Angeles that assists clients throughout the L.A. County Area and beyond, represents victims in personal injury matters, including long-term disability claims that stem from your auto accident claim, insurance adjusting disputes, and more.
When you’ve been involved in a wreck, our office will get you a bigger check.
Car Accident Litigation Services JML Law Offers
If it involves a vehicle, a wreck and victims, JML Law handles it. Cars aren’t just gasoline based anymore; hydrogen, electric and those operated by satellite have now moved into California’s roadway system.
Car accidents may also refer to accidents involving:
- Fleet drivers, or vehicles which were dispatched by companies to deliver goods or provide services. (Think Geek Squad, Domino’s.)
- Ridesharing services such as Uber, Lyft or something similar. Taxicabs would also fall under this umbrella.
- Vehicles that were hit by acts of God, such as lighting or devastating storms. While most acts of God aren’t included in automobile policies, we’re still able to fight insurance companies.
- Accidents that occurred in or around Los Angeles County involving self-driving cars, which may put the liability both on an insurer and company who put the vehicle on the road.
- Vehicles that were destroyed due to acts of domestic terrorism.
- Vehicles that were involved in wildfires that were set by companies, or involved in mudslides that were caused by company negligence.
There are multiple methods which vehicles can get involved in accidents. If you’re unsure whether your vehicle calamity may be covered, call JML Law.
Understanding the Sinister World of Insurance Adjusting
The reason why car accident attorney Los Angeles know the world of adjusting so well is because these insurance reps have tried every trick possible to demoralize a victim’s accident claim. To better understand how adjusting works, here’s a quick five step guide:
- First, you’re involved with another driver, albeit personal or commercial, in what appears to be a slam-dunk case of at-fault driver negligence because your car is smashed, and you didn’t do it.
- Second, an army of police, ambulance, onlookers, and the mighty insurance adjuster flood the scene. Pictures are taken, witness statements are taken, and the injured folks are scurried off into ambulances. The victim has been removed from the scene, so it’s time to get creative.
- Next, your insurance company will be talking with an adjuster which was either sent directly by your insurer, or was outsourced. The adjuster will be given a figure; we’ll call this ‘X’. It’s their job to assess the value of the accident and, provided victims don’t die, offer a settlement that falls at/under the ‘X’ figure provided by insurance company.
- Then, unless the adjuster is feeling particularly kind and wants to bring you flowers in the ER, you’ll get a phone call or letter in several days with what your adjuster claims is ‘fair given the accident type and faultiness’.
- Finally, because the victims took the bait, a claim potentially worth six figures was paid out in four simply because an attorney wasn’t phoned.
Remember, these are insurance companies that profess you’ll save money by switching, or spending fifteen minutes will save you tremendously. These are companies who spend millions on marketing materials they know you’ll throw away. But none of that matters to them, because if they can get someone who was seriously injured to take a few thousand bucks to wash everything under the carpet, all ends well for them.
It’s sad, even ominous, but JML Law has seen multiple incidents play out as depicted above. Our Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys fight tooth and nail for victims who paid tens of thousands in premiums over the years.
OTS Ratings In Los Angeles for 2015
What to Do If Involved in A Car Accident
While JML Law cannot provide legal advice to individuals they’ve not been retained by, here are some basic ideas you’ll want to store for future use should you find yourself involved with another vehicle, motorcycle, truck, farming implement or even inanimate objects that somehow obstructed your path:
- If you’re able to move, make sure to free yourself and exit the vehicle unless you’re pinned inside.
- Once you’ve evacuated your obliterated vehicle, check on all other passengers, including at-fault drivers. Don’t stop being human because they acted recklessly – that’s for car accident attorneys in Los Angeles to sort out.
- DO NOT leave the scene. This could be a felonious move, and even shift blame onto you. You need to make sure law enforcement takes their report, snaps their pictures and ambulatory care is present for those who cannot move.
- If you’re being asked questions that you feel are self-incriminating or you don’t understand, simply stop the interviews and phone our office immediately. A common trick amongst insurance adjusters is to use vernacular not common to humans; sometimes law enforcement will act similarly, however unless you or others have warrants, officers in accident situations are more helpful than harmful.
- Insurance companies may have you sign waivers, or perform other ‘questionable’ acts prior to your attorney getting a hold of evidence. You are NOT entitled to sign anything a reasonably competent person in your position wouldn’t understand. Wait for your attorney.
Vehicle accidents happen quickly. There’s really no way to bookmark these tips and pull them out right after you’ve been pummeled inside your car. Just put these tips in your subconscious bank, and you’ll more than likely recall them if needed.
The Local Advantage
Perhaps you’re sitting down watching your favorite daytime soap when an automobile accident attorney comes across your screen, professing their ability to get you paid much quicker than others. They’ll beat the insurance companies into the pavement if that’s what it takes, but they’re adamant about getting you paid.
Problem is, you’re in L.A. County, and they’re in Dallas.
Los Angeles car accident attorneys know the local authorities, court system, laws and roadways better than out-of-towners. Before hiring power attorneys with offices five states away, consider the benefits you’ll forego in doing so. Local attorneys are accessible, which is what most victims want apart from fair settlements.
If you’re involved in an accident and someone suggests using a particular attorney from out of town, make sure you’re aware of what this firm represents, which is usually getting you a mediocre settlement relatively quick because the more attorney fees ‘power firms’ can grab, the more they pad their pockets with.
The Process of Settling Car Accident Claims
Every accident begins a new chapter in our firm. Why? Because with each new accident, we’re dealing with a special circumstance involving clients from different walks, neighborhoods, you name it. We treat every new case individually instead of throwing your case into a stack of ‘boilerplate’ cases.
Our hard-working car accident attorneys in Los Angeles will keep you informed and vigorously pursue maximum compensation allowable by California law, in any type of car accident, including:
- Sidetracked drivers who attempt to multitask instead of paying attention to the road.
- Drivers who lack rest, or may have narcolepsy.
- Aggressive/reckless drivers
- Poor road conditions and construction zones
- The harder to collect uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Defective automotive parts that cause inadvertent accidents
- Impaired driving, including drugs or alcohol
Regardless how you were involved, the problem is that you were involved. So now, it’s time to think about your settlement options, how you’ll pay medical bills, get physically back in shape enough to work. It’s a process, no doubt.
JML Law, once we’ve been retained, works your case until you’re completely satisfied, and the at-fault insurer is so apologetic they can’t help but emptying their coffers into your hands. Here’s how “typical” car accident claims are handled:
- Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys will take every piece of written and photographic evidence, scouring over everything to assure nothing was left off ‘accidentally’.
- When necessary, we’ll reconstruct the accident to better understand what at-fault driver may have done, and whether you could’ve avoided being nailed.
- After we’ve written your complaint and have discussed needs with you, we’ll go after the insurance company or individual responsible. All guns are blazing.
- If we’re able to settle your case, we’ll let you know. Our figure and their figure must match well enough where a little give-and-take will resolve any distance between our demands, and their willingness to pay them.
- If we’re unsuccessful, we’ll take our case to trial, where a jury of your peers will decide how much you’re entitled to based on injuries, loss of work and everything else that suddenly isn’t right in your life. Note that, if successful, jury trials tend to be more lucrative than settlements, which is why many insurers prefer to meet our demands out of court.
Car accident attorneys in Los Angeles knows that cases must be settled not only quickly, but accurately. But since we’re not your quintessential ‘settlement mill’, we place much higher emphasis on your long-term goals than your short-term needs.
Should you have questions at this point, JML Law has skilled legal assistance available when you need it most.
Can’t Car Accidents Get Handled by Tort Claims?
In any perfect insurance environment, you’ll pay premiums until you’re dead but never actually use the policy. When insured motorists, homeowners and those recently deceased need money – in most cases, more than you’ve paid into the policy – claims departments suddenly become ‘chintzy’. When they get greedy, you want to sue their pants off immediately. Normally, people can resort to the ‘tort’ process.
Tort claims are civilly induced litigation proceedings where you ‘secretly’ screwed someone over and are now ‘secretly’, and privately, getting held liable for whatever you did. Usually, auto liability insurance has stipulations which allow for payment of torts. However, car accident attorneys in Los Angeles suggest skipping the arbitration and tort process and head right to their office because this is where victims tend to get gypped.
Car accident attorney Los Angeles from JML Law will be there when your auto accident claim has been denied, or if you have been treated unfairly by the insurance company (who is clearly working against you). It is important to know that you may be able to receive substantial compensation for your claim, but you’ll find an experienced lawyer can navigate the often unkind insurance world after an accident.
Tort laws, if applicable, can get pretty dicey. Don’t attempt to fight insurance companies alone, because they’re trained to destroy the layman, to be honest.
Every expert at JML Law knows how to evaluate your car accident, and knows what information needs to be gathered to support their clients’ settlement claims. We are highly knowledgeable proponents of proper payment of claims, how insurers should be treating their clientele and will make certain you and your family get the benefits you deserve.
Tired from your car accident, and would rather not deal with anyone quite yet? Your family member may act on your behalf to get your case started and, should you experience paralysis or any other long-term debilitating injury, may be able to sue for loss of consortium.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.
Great place, very helpful. Good place to go for personal injury case.