Nobody ever wants to be involved in a car accident of any kind but, if you are unlucky enough to become caught up in a collision, you will at least hope for it to be minor, straightforward, and easily resolved. Thankfully, in most cases, Los Angeles car accidents inflict only minor injuries, such as bruising, and some scratches and dents to the bodywork of the cars, trucks, and other vehicles affected by the incident. Unfortunately, there are also numerous cases where car accidents result in serious or even fatal injuries, and extensive, costly property damage. There is also a third category of Los Angeles car accident, one which may not immediately spring to mind – that is the type which potentially result in serious or catastrophic injuries, and also require a legal expert to ascertain exactly who should be held accountable.
Perhaps the most common of these are car accidents which occur within construction zones. When this happens, there may be some conflict over whether the municipality, a contractor, or another party is responsible, and you will need an outstanding attorney, such as those right here at JML Law, to ensure you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
What You Should Know About Los Angeles Construction Zone Car Accidents
Every single day in Los Angeles, motorists navigate stretches of road which pass through construction zones and, from time to time, a car accident will occur within these zones. The following facts have been obtained from the Federal Highway Administration’s Work Zone Safety figures and statistics, covering the entirety of the United States, and relating to construction zone accidents which occurred during 2015.
- 12 fatal construction zone car accidents occurred each week
- Injuries were inflicted on people involved in around 70 construction zone car accidents every day
- Construction zone car accidents were more likely to result in fatalities than car accidents on other roads
Based on 2014 statistics, also published by the Federal Highway Administration:
- Speeding was responsible for 172 out of 607 fatal accidents (28%)
- Failure to wear a seatbelt factored in 25% of construction zone car accident fatalities
- Alcohol contributed to 25%
- Fatal construction zone accidents happened most regularly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursday, in the day time, between May and September
- 41% of these fatal crashes involved rear-end collisions
- 85% of deaths in construction zones were drivers or passengers in cars
- Trucks were involved in 25% of construction zone car accidents
Most construction zone car accidents fell into one of three broad categories, namely:
- Rear-end collisions
- Collisions with barriers, signs, and other stationary objects
As you can see, there are potentially many factors at play in causing a Los Angeles construction zone car accident, making it tricky to definitively identify the responsible party. A JML Law attorney has the experience and skills required to prove that you were injured through no fault of your own.
Speak to a Los Angeles Construction Zone Car Accident Attorney Today
To ensure that the responsible party is held accountable for their negligence or deliberate wrongdoing, you need an outstanding lawyer on your side. Schedule your free initial consultation with an esteemed attorney with a proven record of success by calling JML Law today on 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.