It is well known, and has been for quite some time, that driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is incredibly dangerous. With a high proportion of car accidents across the United States each year caused by driving while intoxicated, Los Angeles drivers – including you and your loved ones – are at risk of being involved in a drunk driving accident when you use the city’s busy roads. While you may be a very careful and law-abiding driver, you cannot control the behavior of the motorists you are sharing the highway with, meaning you may be injured in a car accident while driving perfectly safely and considerately.
If you are injured by a drunk driving car accident in or around Los Angeles, you are strongly advised to seek expert legal advice immediately. At JML Law, our attorneys have years of experience in successfully handling cases relating to drunk driving accidents, and a proven track record of success obtaining maximum compensation settlements on behalf of our clients.
Drunk Driving Accidents in Los Angeles – The Statistics
You are probably aware that drunk driving is a major problem, which contributes to numerous injuries and fatalities annually, but the following statistics illustrate just how severe an issue it really is. The California Department of Motor Vehicles has been required to compile statistics relating to DUI offences for almost 30 years now, and here is what they have to say:
- In 2013, when the most recent complete statistics were compiled, over 23% of all California DUI offences occurred in Los Angeles, equating to 37,559 arrests in L.A alone
- 1,227 of these arrests were for felony DUI offences
- 78 juveniles were arrested for driving while intoxicated
- 3,638 Los Angeles motorists were arrested for reckless driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Around 70% of those arrested for drunk driving in Los Angeles were convicted
- 3.3% of those who were arrested for a first DUI offense in Los Angeles reoffended within one year
- In 2012, 1,647 drivers were involved in drunk driving accidents in Los Angeles, with no prior record of drunk driving
- Nearly 40% of all fatal traffic accidents can be attributed to drunk driving
- Over 75% of DUI offenses are committed by males
If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a Los Angeles drunk driving accident, our car accident attorneys are ready to pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
How A Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney Could Help You
Nobody wants to be injured in a drunk driving accident, particularly when this involves a lengthy period recovering from those injuries. Being unable to work while your injuries heal could put significant financial pressure on your family, through no fault of your own. JML Law attorneys strongly believe that you should not be left out of pocket because another driver acted irresponsibly and chose to drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
To learn more about how we could help you to recover the damages you are entitled to after a Los Angeles drunk driving accident, schedule your free initial consultation today by calling us 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.