Commercial trucks are a common sight on the streets in and around Los Angeles. While these trucks are essential to the smooth operation of our economy, they can also cause significant injuries when they are involved in a crash with a traditional passenger vehicle. At JML Law, our qualified team is here to help if you need a Los Angeles commercial truck accident attorney. We can investigate every aspect of the collision in order to secure the compensation victims need.
Los Angeles Commercial truck accidents often cause severe injuries
When we turn to data provided by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), we can see that Commercial trucks are typically those that weigh more than 10,000 pounds. However, a fully-loaded tractor-trailer can wait for as much as 80,000 pounds, much more than a traditional passenger vehicle. The size and weight disparity between a commercial truck and a traditional passenger vehicle often mean that severe injuries occur in these collisions.
The Los Angeles truck accident lawyers at JML Law regularly help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Other severe neck and back injuries, including whiplash
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations and puncture wounds
- Crush injuries or amputations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
Causes of commercial truck accidents in Los Angeles
There are various causes of commercial truck accidents in and around the Los Angeles area. Often, the liability falls onto truck drivers and trucking companies.
Truck drivers have a responsibility to ensure the safety of those on the road around them. However, the following types of truck driving behavior often cause accidents:
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Failing to follow FMCSA hours of service requirements
- Driving while distracted by phones or other devices
- Failing to obey traffic laws
- Failing to properly secure cargo
Trucking companies also have a duty to ensure the safety of their drivers as well as others on the roadway. Truck companies and operators can be liable if they:
- Fail to ensure the drivers are properly trained
- Fail to inspect and maintain each vehicle according to FMCSA regulations
- Encourage drivers to operate vehicles above weight capacity
Time limit to file a LA commercial truck accident lawsuit
The California personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date an injury occurs. This means that victims of truck accidents have a two-year window with which to file a lawsuit against an alleged negligent truck driver or trucking company.
Contact our Los Angeles commercial truck accident attorney immediately
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident involving a commercial truck in Los Angeles, contact the team at JML Law as soon as possible. Our skilled and experienced attorneys have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into the crash. We want to ensure our clients receive full compensation for their losses, which can include:
- Coverage of all truck crash-related medical bills
- Lost wages if a victim is unable to work
- Property damage expenses
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Any household out-of-pocket expenses arising due to the crash
If you need a Los Angeles commercial truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.