Workplace injuries have the potential to be devastating, and injuries to the back or neck can be life-altering. At JML Law, we understand that you need to know where to turn if this happens to you. Our qualified and experienced team is ready to get to work on your behalf. When you need a Riverside back and neck injury attorney, we will investigate what happened. If another person’s negligence caused you harm, you deserve to be compensated fairly.
Do these injuries often happen in the workplace?
We know that the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that there were around 2.8 million nonfatal workplace injuries during the latest year of data they received. Many of these occurred to workers’ necks and backs. These injuries happen in a variety of ways, but we need to examine the various areas that can become injured:
- Back Injuries – Our backs include a complex combination of bones, muscles, and tissues. Every movement we make involves our core, which is why back injuries affect everything we do. Back injuries can include muscle or ligament strains, bulging or ruptured discs, arthritis, osteoporosis, and more.
- Neck Injuries – Our necks are the start of our spinal column and spinal cord, and any injury to the neck is going to cause major complications. The neck is an extension of our back. If the neck muscles, tendons, or tissues are damaged, we can suffer from short- or long-term consequences.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – These are the most severe form of neck and back injuries, and they can lead to partial or complete paralysis.
What causes workplace back and neck injuries?
Workplace back and neck injuries are commonly caused by vehicle accidents, falls, getting pinned between objects, falling objects, as well as repetitive stress injuries.
What are the consequences of these injuries?
Back and neck injuries can have both short- or long-term consequences. Most workers who sustain back and neck injuries will miss some workdays and suffer from pain and discomfort. Even short-term injuries can lead to major medical expenses and lost income. For major back and neck injuries, a worker may be permanently disabled and unable to earn an income. They can suffer from an immeasurable loss of enjoyment of life.
We are ready to get to work today
If you or a loved one has suffered a workplace back or neck injury, you may need to secure legal assistance. These injuries can be devastating, and you need to be sure you are receiving adequate compensation. At JML Law, you can count on our knowledgeable and experienced team to investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Coverage of long-term care if needed
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party
When you need a Riverside back and neck injury lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.