Riverside Car Accident Attorney
At JML Law, we understand the complications that can arise after a vehicle accident. We are very familiar with all the damage and injuries a crash may cause. Many victims of a car accident struggle with trying to obtain compensation for all their losses and they may not be familiar with some laws applying to their specific case. Insurance claims are often complicated and perhaps they don’t know that compensation for additional damages, such as pain and suffering, may also be included in their claim.
What to do after a car accident?
After ensuring that all the parties involved receive proper medical care, contact a Riverside car accident attorney. You will also need to:
- Call the Police and explain to the officer how the accident occurred from your point of view. Also, ask them for a copy of your case number or police report.
- Gather all the information you can about the other vehicle involved in the accident. Some things to write down include, the vehicle’s make, model, color, and license plate number.
- Tage photos of the location and accident scene with your cell phone camera, if available. Include all the damages caused to your car and the other person’s vehicle.
- Make medical attention your priority. You can go to an urgent care clinic, hospital or your primary care physician. This step is crucial to document your injuries.
- Consult an attorney. An experienced personal injury attorney can protect your rights and explain what your legal options are.
Injuries and compensation
The extent of the injuries sustained in a vehicle accident can vary greatly. Oftentimes the PIP insurance will not cover the costs and you may need additional litigation to obtain compensation for injuries such as paralysis, loss of limbs, burns and scars, head injuries, spinal cord injuries, permanent disability and wrongful death. Some of the damages you may be able to receive compensation for include:
- Medical bills: All emergency room visits, as well as hospitalization, assistive devices, and even surgery, are included in your medical expenses compensation.
- Future visits to your physician: Sometimes the victim needs to continue his or her medical care related to the accident. The cost for future medical expenses may also be included in your compensation amount.
- Lost wages: Victims of a car accident can seek compensation for lost wages, even when they are unemployed.
- Earning capacity: Some injuries sustained in a car accident may prevent you from fulfilling your duties and obligations, especially at work. If you can prove that your earning capacity was impacted by the accident, you will receive compensation based on the amount you could have earned if the collision did not happen.
Some victims may feel they are entitled to receive compensation for additional damages. In these types of cases, your attorney will approach the person at fault’s insurance company and try to obtain compensation on your behalf. Your probability of receiving compensation is highly determined by the ability of your attorney to gather and analyze required evidence.
How we can help?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a vehicle collision and not sure what’s the next step, seek immediate medical treatment and contact our firm. Our attorneys have many years of experience handling personal injury claims. A Riverside car accident attorney can help you receive full benefits from the insurance companies involved and decide whether or not you can file a claim for additional compensation.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.