When you go to work each day, you should never have to worry about what will happen if you get hurt. Any workplace injury should be covered by workers’ compensation insurance. However, we know that claims get unfairly denied all the time. At JML Law, our qualified and experienced Riverside denied claim lawyers are ready to get to work on your behalf. We will get to the bottom of your case after a thorough investigation. We will be your advocate until you get the compensation you deserve.
Why would a Riverside workers’ compensation claim be denied?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics tells us that more than 2.8 million people were injured in the workplace during the latest reporting year. However, we know that many claims are denied by insurance companies or employers. This can happen for a variety of reasons. We commonly see claims denied due to:
- Missed deadlines: deadlines are very important when dealing with workers’ compensation. Injuries must be reported 30 days from the time they happen or 30 from the date of discovery. It is best to report all workplace injuries to a supervisor immediately.
- Negligent behavior: if your injury happened because you were behaving recklessly (horseplaying, using equipment in ways not intended, etc.) then your claim has a higher likelihood of being denied.
- Alcohol and drug use: injuries that happen when a worker is under the influence of alcohol or drugs are likely to be denied by workers’ compensation.
- Employer disputes: your employer could dispute your claim to workers’ comp. They could say that you are not really injured or that your injury did not occur as described.
- The injury did not occur at work: if your injury happened during non-work hours (while commuting or while on break and off the clock), there is a higher likelihood of denial.
- You did not see a doctor: you should always seek medical attention after a workplace injury. Failing to see a doctor indicates to your employer and the insurance company that you are not really injured.
Do you have the right to appeal?
Yes, you can appeal a workers’ compensation denial through the California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB). You may need assistance from an attorney to do this, as the application process for an appeal is very complex.
What can your attorney do to help your claim?
If you or a loved one have been injured at work but your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At JML Law, our dedicated and knowledgeable team is ready to get to work on your behalf. Let us investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you truly deserve, including:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
If you need a Riverside denied claim attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.