Car accidents are a common – perhaps even everyday – occurrence on the busy roads in and around San Bernardino and other areas of California. In fact, that statement could apply to any area of the United States, and probably around the world too. While you may drive by the scene of a car accident without giving it too much thought beyond empathy for those involved, this perspective is certain to be flipped when it is you, or someone you love, injured in a collision. Nobody ever expects to be involved in a car accident but, with countless incidents occurring each day, plenty of people do end up in exactly this situation. Would you know what to do if you were next?
At JML Law, our San Bernardino car accident attorneys spend a considerable amount of time successfully representing those who have been injured through no fault of their own, due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you, or a loved one, have sustained serious injuries in a car accident, contact us today to find out what we could do for you.
How Often do San Bernardino Car Accidents Really Happen?
Given that we provide legal representation to those affected by San Bernardino car accidents, it would be understandable for you to take what we say about the frequency and severity of these collisions with a pinch of salt. This is why we use official statistics to outline just how widespread the issue is. According to the most recent figures available from the California Office of Traffic Safety, which relate to 2015, here is the truth about the dangers of using San Bernardino roads.
- 1,868 total fatalities and injuries
- 201 alcohol-related accidents
- 284 accidents caused by driving at an excessive speed
- 196 accidents occurred between 9pm and 3am
- 176 hit and run accidents, where the responsible motorist left the scene before being cleared to do so by the police, including those where the driver fled immediately
Across the whole of San Bernardino County, these figures increase to:
- 14,801 total fatalities and injuries
- 1,707 alcohol-related accidents
- 3,171 speed-related incidents
- 1,441 accidents occurring between 9pm and 3am
- 887 hit and runs
Did you know that San Bernardino County ranks #4 across the whole of California, in terms of fatalities and injuries caused by car accidents?
Some more statistics you may find enlightening include the following, which relate to the state of California, rather than specifically San Bernardino:
- 12% of all United States auto deaths occur in California
- Fatal auto accidents have increased by almost 30% since 2013
- 80% of all accidents are caused by distracted driving, which is unsurprising when you consider that 40% of California motorists admit to using their cellphone whilst driving
Injured in a Car Accident? Speak to an Expert San Bernardino Attorney Today
If you have sustained serious injuries in a collision, you deserve outstanding representation from an esteemed San Bernardino attorney.
To find out more about how we could help you, schedule your free initial consultation with an expert attorney by calling JML Law today on 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.