California workers depend on getting coverage from workers’ compensation if they are injured on the job. However, there may be a time when you receive a “Notice of Delay.” If this happens, you should secure the help of a San Bernardino delayed claim lawyer. At JML Law, our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to get to work on your case. We will work to figure out why there is a delay and move the claim along so you can get the coverage you need.
Why would a claim be delayed?
A “Notice of Delay” is one of the most common workers’ compensation notices sent to injured workers. There are a few reasons a notice of delay may be sent:
- Your employer may dispute your claim. When a notice of delay is sent, it is usually because the employer wants time to investigate your claim. When a workers’ compensation injury claim is made, the employer or insurance company has a 90-day period in which to investigate the claim.
- A claim may also be delayed if the insurance carrier is waiting for more information relating to your injury claim. This can include medical records, evidence of treatment, or an employer’s report.
What does it a no-fault claim mean?
It is important for all workers to know that workers’ compensation claims are no-fault. This means that it does not matter who caused your injury or how it happened. As long as the injury happened in the workplace and during the course of your duties, you should receive coverage.
There are exceptions to this, particularly if the injured worker was impaired by alcohol or drugs or was grossly negligent.
Can I collect workers’ comp benefits during a notice of delay period?
The good news is that your employer or insurance carrier must cover medical care costs related to the injury during the delay period. They are responsible for up to $10,000 of medical costs during this period.
Are workplace injuries common?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics says that there were 2.8 million workplace injuries or illnesses reported during the latest reporting year. Regardless of how minor or severe a worker’s injury is, they should never be denied compensation for a legitimate injury.
What type of compensation should I expect?
If you or a loved one have been injured at work but have been notified that your claim has been delayed, please seek legal assistance today. At JML Law, we are going to get to work on your case immediately. We want to figure out why there is a delay and work to get the claim processed. We know that you need compensation for:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
When you need a San Bernardino delayed claim attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.