As a busy and highly-populated California city, San Bernardino sees more than its fair share of premises liability lawsuits, which are those arising from accidents on various properties and premises. Under California law, premises owners – both residential and commercial – are responsible for ensuring that their premises are kept to a reasonable safe standard. Where this responsibility is not upheld, and visitors sustain injuries as a result, a San Bernardino premises liability attorney from JML Law could build a case on your behalf, holding the premises owner responsible for their negligence, and securing the compensation and monetary damages due to you.
What is Premises Liability Law?
As mentioned briefly above, premises liability law lays out the responsibility on property owners to keep all visitors to their premises safe through properly maintaining their property, and keeping it free from hazards or dangerous conditions. The specific obligations imposed by this law mean that the person or entity who owns, leases, or possess a certain property has a responsibility to:
- Take reasonable care to ensure that the property is maintained in a safe condition, and to provide adequate warnings of any potential hazards or dangers
- Take reasonable care when regularly inspecting the property for any hazards or dangerous conditions which may have arisen
- Provide warnings about any potential dangers, or remove the danger promptly
You should be aware that, even where a property owner was not aware of the hazard in question, they can still be held liable and accountable for any injuries which ensue.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured due to a hazardous or dangerous condition on any property owned by another, our San Bernardino premises liability attorneys could ensure you recover the full amount of compensation available to you.
Our lawyers could help if you were injured on any type of property, including but not limited to:
- Grocery stores and other retail outlets
- Sports facilities
- Swimming pools
- Public walkways
- Parking lots
- Apartment buildings or other homes
- Hotels and similar accommodation
- Restaurants, cafes and similar establishments
- Arenas, concert venues and more
Common Types of Premises Liability Accident
Just as premises liability law can be applied to any type of premises, there are also countless scenarios which may qualify you to recover compensation. Some of the most common accidents we litigate on premises liability grounds include:
- Slip and fall, or trip and fall, accidents
- Assaults and other violent crimes which occurred due to negligent security or lighting
- Inadequate lighting
- Dog bite attacks
- Missing or damage handrails
- Damaged stairs
- Falling objects
- Unsafe escalators and/or elevators
- Wet or otherwise slippery surfaces
- Accidents or drownings at swimming pools
- Fires and explosions
In general, if you have been injured on somebody else’s property, and that injury could have been preventable had the owner or possessor taken reasonable care to maintain the property, you may be entitled to compensation.
To discuss your case with an esteemed San Bernardino premises liability attorney and determine your legal options, call JML Law today at 818-610-8800 to schedule your free initial consultation.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.