The majority of pedestrian accidents are caused by vehicles at pedestrian crosswalks or walkways. A pedestrian could be injured by an impaired, unlicensed, or even an inexperienced driver. These injuries could range from mild to critical and could possibly be fatal. All pedestrians obeying traffic laws should have the right to travel freely and safely. Vehicles do not have the right to force you off the road or cause you physical harm. They can be held civilly liable, if proven negligent, and owe you compensation for undue pain, suffering, and medical bills.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a pedestrian in San Francisco, through no fault of your own, contact JML Law at 415-692-3462 or visit our website at www.jmllaw.com to request a free consultation of your case. Our attorneys are experienced in pedestrian accident laws and will build you the best case possible to provide you with the maximum settlement you are entitled to under the law.
What Statistics Show
According to the city and county of San Francisco, pedestrian accident statistics show:
- Over 30 pedestrians lose their lives annually
- Over 200 pedestrians are seriously injured while traveling on city streets
- The number of pedestrians injured or killed has dropped due to the city policy of Vision Zero
According to the CDC
- Pedestrians of 65 years of age or older account for 19 percent of all pedestrian deaths
- One in every five children under age 15, who were killed in traffic accidents, were pedestrians
- Most pedestrian deaths occur in urban areas, areas with no intersections, and at nighttime
- Almost half of the crashes involving pedestrians involved alcohol for the driver or pedestrian
- Over 5,000 pedestrians are killed annually throughout the country
- Over 129,000 pedestrians are treated in an emergency department for crash-related injuries annually
- Pedestrians are 1.5 times more likely to be killed in an accident than a passenger vehicle occupant
Causes of Pedestrian-Vehicle Accidents
- Distracted drivers
- Drivers not paying attention to weather conditions
- Drivers failing to obey traffic signs
- Driving under the influence
- Driving while impaired
- Drivers failing to yield to pedestrian walkways
- Drivers not signaling when they are turning
Insurance companies or liable parties may try to offer unsubstantial settlements that are unreasonable. Let our expert attorneys in San Francisco review your case and inform you of all possible compensation you are owed. Possible liability may not only be at the fault of the driver but may also be to a property owner who failed to maintain pedestrian signs or proper maintenance of sidewalks, cross ways, or parking lots.
Our attorneys will work diligently and investigate all avenues of your case to give you peace of mind and ensure a justified settlement. Do not hesitate to call us or be bullied into a quick and puny settlement. We handle cases on a contingency basis. If we do not win, you owe us nothing. Let us fight on your behalf. Contact JML Law in San Francisco today for a free consultation. You can reach us at 415-692-3462 by phone or you can visit our website at www.jmllaw.com.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.