Here at JML Law in San Francisco, we represent various age ranges of athletes who all have different levels of athletic achievements. The last thing any athlete would expect is an injury caused by negligence from his or her own coach, sports organization/league, or athletics department. Contact JML Law today at 415-692-3462 if you or a loved one have suffered any injury from possible negligence including:
- Defective sport equipment
- Defective gym equipment
- Improperly equipment or fitting
- Failure to warn of risks
- Inadequate and improper treatment of sports injuries
- Lack of trained medical personnel on staff
- Improper supervision
- Negligence in guiding athletic participants to appropriate medical care for injuries
- Improper screening or physicals
- Failure to provide proper medical care for an injured player
We have expert sports injury attorneys in San Francisco that will ensure your health and athletic fitness are taken seriously. We want to litigate your sports injury case and make sure those responsible for such negligence are held liable. Sports injuries can range from mild to serious lifelong limitations. Do not let those responsible talk you out of seeking legal advice. If they have acted negligently and caused you injury, contact our offices today at 415-692-3462 for a free and confidential consultation.
The most common types of injuries received while playing sports vary depending on the sport that is being played. However, the most common sports injuries are:
- Ankle sprain
- Groin pull
- Hamstring strain
- Shin splints
- Knee injury (ACL tear)
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- Tennis elbow
- Hip flexor strain
Statistics compiled by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) , Johns Hopkins, and the US Department of Health and Human Services show that:
- High school athletes account for 2 million estimated injuries each year
- Overuse injuries are responsible for almost half of middle and high school sports injuries
- More than half of all sports injuries in children are preventable
- Over 62 percent of injuries occur during practice
- Sports and recreational activities contribute to 21 percent of all traumatic brain injuries among American children
- On average 8.6 million athletes are injured annually
- Half of all injuries were not treated in an emergency department
- There were more than 41,000 injuries and 25 million athlete-exposures from 2004 to 2009
- Preseason has the highest injury rate
If you or a loved one has suffered a sports injury because of the negligence of another, seek medical attention and keep all documentation. Some injuries can impact your future athletic abilities and career. You will need professional attorneys who specialize in sports injury laws. Contact JML Law today at 415-692-3462. Our sports injury attorneys will consult with sports medicine experts who can gather evidence and rate the damage this injury has caused you. Our team of attorneys will work diligently to build you the best case and get you the maximum compensation owed. We will advocate on the behalf of yourself or your loved one to hold the negligent party responsible for the damage they may have caused.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.