When you go to work each day, you fully expect that you will receive compensation for any injuries you sustain. However, we know that many injured worker claims are denied by employers or insurance companies. At JML Law, we want to help you through this. When you need a Santa Ana denied claim attorney, you can count on us to be by your side. We will ensure you are treated fairly and that you get the compensation you truly need.
Why Would A Santa Ana Workers’ Comp Claim Get Denied?
When it comes to work injuries, they are almost always going to be covered by workers’ compensation insurance. Workers’ comp is a no-fault system, meaning that it does not matter if you or your employer caused the injury – you should still get coverage.
However, there are several reasons you may get a denial:
- Missed important deadlines – there are strict deadlines associated with work injury cases, so it is important that you report your injury and seek medical attention as soon as possible. Officially, you have 30 days to report an injury or illness from the date it happened or from the time you discovered it.
- It was not really a work injury – if an injury occurs while you are commuting to work or are on an unpaid break, it may not be eligible for workers’ compensation coverage.
- Negligent or reckless behavior – if your injury occurred because you were behaving negligently (horseplaying, fighting) or were intoxicated at the time of the injury, it will likely be denied.
- You never saw a doctor – If you did not see a doctor to treat your injury, this is a glaring sign to your employer or insurance provider that you were not really injured. This includes following all follow-up visits and treatment plans.
- Your claim is disputed – your employer could dispute the facts of the incident that caused you harm.
Am I Able To Appeal A Workers’ Comp Claim Denial?
Yes, you can file an appeal if your case is denied. As soon as you get a denial notification, seek help from a Santa Ana denied claim lawyer. The appeals process can be incredibly complicated. All appeals are handled through the California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB).
How Can An Attorney Help Me With My Case?
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a workplace incident but been denied workers’ compensation insurance, you need to seek legal assistance now. At JML Law, our qualified and experienced team is going to get to work on your behalf today. Let us get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses related to the incident
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
If you need a Santa Ana denied claim lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.