Our hands are vital to our ability to perform our jobs and for our personal lives. However, they are delicate. If you or a loved one has sustained a workplace hand injury and are not receiving the compensation you deserve, please seek legal assistance immediately. At JML Law, you will be our focus. Our Santa Ana hand injury lawyers are going to investigate what happened in your case and work to secure the compensation you deserve. Do not hesitate to do what is right for your health.
What Do We Know About Hand Injuries In The US Workplace?
Our hands are the most delicate extremities we have. Most of us take for granted just how much we depend on them until an injury occurs. There were approximately 2.8 million nonfatal workplace injuries or illnesses reported during the latest year to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). These injuries varied in severity, but we know that one of the most commonly injured areas is the hands.
- According to the BLS, 40% of all upper extremity work injuries occurred to the hands.
What Are The Most Common Workplace Hand Injuries?
There are 27 bones in the hands. Those bones, along with our muscles, ligaments, tendons, veins, and arteries form complex little machines. Some of the most common injuries to the hands, wrists, and fingers include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (a repetitive stress injury)
- Broken fingers
- Torn tendons
- Dislocated wrists
- Crush injuries
- Injured metacarpal
- Navicular bone fracture
- Ulnar fracture
- Broken hands
- Broken wrists
Recovery from these injuries often means we have to miss work because continued use of the hands would only exasperate the injuries.
What Are The Common Causes Of These Injuries?
Hand injuries in the workplace occur in a variety of ways, and most of them are preventable. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Slips, trips, and falls with workers trying to break the fall. Instead, they injure their hands.
- Hands getting caught in or jammed into a steering wheel in a vehicle crash.
- Cuts or punctures from a knife or other tools.
- Amputations due to sharp objects or crush injuries.
- Fractures due to falling heavy objects.
- Repetitive motions leading to stress injuries.
What Compensation Is available For A Hand Injury?
If you or someone you love has sustained a workplace hand injury, you may need to secure legal assistance. If your claim as been denied or you are not receiving enough compensation, the team at JML Law is ready to help. We understand how detrimental hand injuries can be in your work and personal life. Let our dedicated and experienced team get to work on securing the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses (current and future)
- Recovery of lost income if you cannot work
- Coverage of any necessary physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
When you need a Santa Ana hand injury attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.