A spinal cord injury can change everything. It can leave a victim unable to work or enjoy life the way they are accustomed to. A spinal cord injury can mean paralysis can lifelong medical care needs. At JML Law, our Santa Ana spinal cord injury lawyers are ready to get to work on your behalf. If your injury happened in the workplace, you deserve to get compensation for all expenses related to the injury.
What Do We Know About Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries are not like other injuries. An injury to the spinal cord usually means that a victim suffers from permanent disabilities.
- There are approximately 300,000 people living with spinal cord injury disabilities in the United States.
- There are around 18,000 new spinal cord injuries each year.
Spinal cord injuries can cause a range of symptoms depending on the severity of the injury and where on the spinal cord the injury occurs. Complete paralysis (quadriplegia) or lower limb paralysis could occur, or a person could suffer from only partial paralysis of their upper or lower limbs.
What Are The Main Causes Of Spinal Cord Injuries?
According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the main causes of spinal cord injuries include:
- Vehicle accidents (38.3%)
- falls (31.6%)
- violence (13.8%)
- sports and recreation incidents (8.2%)
- medical or surgical mistakes (4.6%)
- other (3.5%)
When you look at that list, you will see two of those causes that are also common workplace injury causes – vehicle accidents and falls.
How Much Do Spinal Cord Injuries Cost?
This is a hard question to answer because the costs associated with these injuries are often lifelong. We know that the cost of treating spinal cord injuries for the first year of medical care ranges from $359,000 to over $1.1 million, depending on the severity of the injury.
- Each follow-up year of medical costs ranges from $43,000 to $191,000
However, those costs do not include other major expenses these victims often incur, including:
- Home or vehicle modifications to ease mobility
- Travel to and from specialists
- Lost income or lost earning capacity
- Immense emotional and psychological damages
Will My Attorney Help Me Get Compensation?
If you or a loved one have sustained a spinal cord injury in the workplace but are struggling to receive a fair compensation, you need to seek legal assistance immediately. These injuries are considered catastrophic – they are life-changing. At JML Law, we are going to get to work on your case today. Let our qualified and experienced team investigate all aspects of your case so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This include:
- All medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you are unable to work
- Coverage for physical therapy and long-term care
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against anyone who caused the injury
If you need a Santa Ana spinal cord injury attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get Your Questions Answered. Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident, give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.