Bus travel is the main mode of transport for many Woodland Hills residents, whether that is for financial reasons, convenience, or due to an effort to be more environmentally conscious. School buses, as well as those carrying tourists and commuters, have the potential to cause significant damage when involved in a wreck, due to the combination of their size, weight and relatively limited maneuverability. If you have been injured in a Woodland Hills bus accident, you may already have discovered that bus companies, and their legal teams, will try everything in their power to avoid paying the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. The good news is, when you choose an attorney from JML Law, we will utilize the full extent of our legal knowledge and experience to ensure that you are not left out of pocket due to the negligence of another.
Woodland Hills Bus Accidents – Facts and Figures
The term “bus accident” can refer to more than one scenario, and is generally used to cover injuries caused to:
- Drivers and passengers of other motor vehicles struck by a bus
- Motorcycle riders, cyclists, and pedestrians struck by a bus
- Bus passengers
- Passengers either boarding or alighting a bus at the time of a collision
While buses may be one of the safer modes of road transport, statistically speaking, there are still too many serious injuries inflicted by bus accidents in their various forms. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- 14 school-age pedestrians are killed by school buses every year
- School buses cause fatal injuries to approximately 131 people annually
- 283 people are killed by a bus accident each year
- Around 24,000 people sustain injuries as a result of a collision involving a bus
- Accidents involving large trucks or buses increased by 29% between 2009 and 2016
- California is generally one of the most dangerous states in terms of bus accidents
What You Should Do After a Woodland Hills Bus Accident
Although it is understandable for you to be unable to think clearly immediately following a Woodland Hills bus accident, the actions you take now may affect the outcome of your future lawsuit. Our expert bus accident attorney advises that you try to:
- Check yourself, and others, for injuries, and request emergency medical treatment if required.
- Obtain the name and contact details of the bus driver, passengers, and anyone else who may have witnessed the accident.
- Note the license number and any identifying details about the bus.
- Request the bus driver’s employee identification number and other relevant details.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident, any property damage, and your injuries.
- Check for any video cameras on the bus or any external ones which may have recorded valuable footage.
- Ensure that the police are notified, and a police report is filed relating to the bus accident.
Injured in a Woodland Hills Bus Accident? Speak to an Expert Attorney Today
At JML Law, we are passionate about obtaining a successful settlement or verdict on behalf of each of our clients. To schedule your free initial consultation with a dedicated and compassionate Woodland Hills bus accident attorney, call JML Law today on 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.