Did you know that over 10 million vehicles per year are involved in car accidents severe enough to be reported to the police, according to statistics published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration? A massive 96% of these were passenger vehicles, meaning there is a reasonably strong chance that you will be involved in a car accident of some sort at least once. When you, or a loved one, have been injured in a Woodland Hills car accident, you could benefit from the expert legal representation of a JML attorney. Through applying our extensive legal knowledge and expertise to your case, we will ensure that you recover a fair settlement in respect of your injuries, lost earnings, property damage, and any other associated damages.
As most car accidents are caused by human error and, therefore, could have been avoided, your Woodland Hills attorney will work tirelessly to make sure the responsible motorist is held accountable for the consequences of their negligent or deliberately reckless behavior.
What to Do After a Woodland Hills Car Accident
Even though you know how common car accidents are, you never quite expect to be involved in one yourself. Immediately after a collision, it is likely that shock and adrenalin will keep you from thinking clearly, but how you act now could make all the difference to your future lawsuit. According to our car crash attorney, here is what you should – and should not – do after a crash.
- Check yourself for any injuries, which may not be immediately apparent due to the shock of the accident. If you can, check your passengers, and the occupants of any other vehicles involved
- Contact emergency services, as you will need a police report to support your claim for compensation and damages. If required, ensure that an ambulance is called for any seriously injured car occupants, pedestrians, or cyclists
- Move away from the wreckage, if you can do so safely
- Take photos of your injuries, the damage to your vehicle, and the scene of the accident, again only if you can do so safely
- Make notes of everything you can remember about events leading up to the accident
- Do not give a statement to anyone other than the police without speaking to your Woodland Hills car accident attorney
- Do not admit liability, or say anything that could be misconstrued as your accepting blame
- Do not leave the scene until the police have said it is ok to do so. Leaving before the police arrive could be considered a hit and run
Securing Expert Legal Representation After a Woodland Hills Car Accident
Car accidents can happen to anyone, at any time, and for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include speeding, driving while intoxicated, and failure to yield, each of which can be used by your Woodland Hills car accident attorney to recover the settlement you deserve.
To schedule your free initial consultation with an outstanding lawyer, call JML Law today on 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.