While motor vehicles may make up most of the population of roads in Woodland Hills, and across the globe, they are not the sole group entitled to use them. Nor are they permitted to use their size and weight advantages to intimidate and bully other road users, such as pedestrians and cyclists. The lack of a sturdy metal shell makes those travelling on foot and by bicycle vulnerable to the reckless behavior of those behind the wheel of a car or truck and, all too often, this vulnerability becomes apparent when severe injuries are sustained in an accident. Pedestrians and bicycle users are also significantly more likely to suffer fatal injuries than an occupant of a motor vehicle.
If you have been injured in a Woodland Hills pedestrian or bicycle accident, you are likely to require considerable time away from work as you recover, meaning you cannot earn the income you, and your household, have come to rely on. To ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation available to you, it is strongly recommended that you hire an expert attorney to represent you.
Protecting Your Legal Rights After a Woodland Hills Pedestrian or Bicycle Accident
As a pedestrian or cyclist, you have rights on the road, and these are not limited to use of a crosswalk, cycle lane, or sidewalk. All drivers on the road are legally obliged to be aware of your presence, and to be vigilant for pedestrians or bicycles at all times. Motorists are not entitled to encroach on your space, nor to use their vehicle to intimidate you into speeding up or moving out of their way. All road users should be treated with respect. If you have been struck by a vehicle, or run off the road by an impatient, aggressive driver, our Woodland Hills pedestrian and bicycle accident attorneys could hold the responsible party accountable for their actions, through pursuing them for the monetary damages you deserve.
In addition to helping you get the medical attention and treatment you require, a JML Law attorney will work tirelessly to gather all the information and evidence necessary to build a strong case on your behalf. This process will include:
- Thoroughly investigating all aspects of your Woodland Hills pedestrian or bicycle accident
- Gathering proof of the responsible party’s negligence or wrongdoing
- Communicating with insurance companies, both yours and the responsible motorist’s
- Accurately estimating your current and future medical and rehabilitation costs
- Calculating your current and future lost earnings
Speak to an Expert Woodland Hills Pedestrian and Bicycle Accident Attorney Today
Pedestrian and bicycle accidents are a serious problem in Woodland Hills and other parts of Los Angeles. Statistics show that:
- The number of pedestrians killed on United States roads increased by 27% between 2007 and 2016
- California is the most dangerous state for pedestrians, seeing 352 fatalities in the first 6 months of 2017 alone
- Los Angeles County is the most dangerous in California in terms of pedestrian deaths, with 265 in 2016
- Around 26 cyclists died on Los Angeles roads in 2017
If you have been injured in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, you deserve nothing less than outstanding legal representation. To schedule your free initial consultation with an expert Woodland Hills attorney, call us today on 818-610-8800.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.