If you have never been wheelchair bound then you may never truly understand the limitations that you constantly face as you move around your home, work and city. You also don’t realize how much you use your knees, ankles, and feet until you lose access to them. It’s just like when you stub a finger or a toe. You don’t realize how much you use them until you can feel the pain every time that one digit moves. It is crazy how much you can feel in one little too, imagine feeling those pains all throughout your knee, ankle, and feet?
If your work requires you to stand on your feet for long periods of time on a hard floor like concrete then you can face injuries that can deeply affect your work ability. If you are injured on to the job related to your knee, ankle, or feet then you are looking at missing work for weeks or months. This means loss of wages, piling of medical bills, unable to perform work, and losing household income. If this sounds like your situation then you are not getting fairly treated by your employment. You have the legal right to file a workers’ compensation claim which can help you get financial support for your injury. These benefits include
- Financial support for medical bills
- Financial support for loss of wages
- Financial support for short term or long term disability
- Financial support for travel needed for medical treatment
Here is a list of some common injuries that those with knee, ankle, and feet injuries incur:
- Heel Spur Syndrome: this is localized pain in your heel that can inflame and prevent you from standing or walking which is a big deal if your jobs require you to do so
- Hammer Toes: this painful toe injury is when your toes create an inverted V shape. It causes irritation in your shoes and can prevent you from standing or walking
- Functional Foot Imbalance: ankle pain or injury does not have to come from a sharp break or fracture, it can be slow and gradual.
- Torn ACLs or cartilage deterioration: knee injuries are sharp, painful, and can require surgery which can place you out of work for weeks. You must also undergo physical therapy. If your job is demanding for standing then this kind of injury is a harsh blow to your job progress.
This list is not exhaustive and our Los Angeles Workers’ Compensation Attorneys at JML Law, a Professional Law Corporation has worked with clients who suffer from a myriad of injuries and illnesses. We are not shy in our advocacy and we take great joy in getting our clients’ positive results. If you are looking for aggressive representation and reassurance that you are heading in the right direction then call 818-610-8800 or click here to work with our Workers’ Compensation Attorneys at JML Law, a Professional Law Corporation in Los Angeles. We don’t’ get paid until you do. It’s our promise to work just for you.
Get Your Questions Answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our
experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.