If it seems like you are seeing recall after recall on the news lately, you are not wrong. This is especially true when it comes to chicken products that have had their fair share of troubles this year. Now, we have learned that Tyson has recalled almost 12 million pounds of chicken.
At JML Law, we are here to help when you need a Los Angeles product liability attorney. We will work to secure the compensation you need for all of your incident-related expenses.
More Chicken Recalled
In this case, we are learning that the latest Tyson chicken recall is due to concerns that some of their food may be contaminated with pieces of metal. This recall affects nearly 12 million pounds of frozen, ready-to-eat chicken strip products that we shipped nationwide.
This is an expansion of a recall that began in March with 69,000 pounds of chicken.
We have learned that this recall expansion comes after three of six people who have said they found metal in their chicken suffered from mouth injuries. While these injuries seem to be relatively minor so far, we know that these pieces of metal could cause major internal injuries to consumers.
Companies and manufacturers have a major responsibility to consumers. They should always ensure that the products they sell us to use and consume are safe. However, if we look at the website that tracks all current recalls in the US, we can see that every industry is plagued by continual recalls.
We also need to point out that there are many defective products on the market that have not yet been recalled that can cause serious consumer injury or illness.
How do these products become defective?
- Some of them have a problem with their design that was not discovered during the testing phases. These problems often become immediately apparent, but there are times when flaws are not discovered until years after a product has been on the market.
- There are times when a product experiences a manufacturing error that alters it from its original design, rendering it harmful to consumers.
- Sometimes the product itself is fine but there is a problem with the labeling. This can include dosages and instructions being incorrect, ingredients being left off the label, or warnings hazards being absent.
How We Can Help Now
Nobody should ever have to worry about the safety of the products they buy. When we use or consume something, we are trusting that companies and manufacturers have provided us with a product free from hazards. However, JML Law is here if you or a loved one have been injured or become ill due to a defective product.
We will work tirelessly to secure the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer
If you need a defective product liability attorney in Los Angeles, you can contact us by calling at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.