When you are driving down the road and are approaching a large commercial truck, we know that you just want to get around it or stay back. These are large vehicles that can cause significant damage in a crash. We saw this recently in an incident involving a tanker truck on the 14 Freeway.
If you need a truck accident attorney in Los Angeles, you can count on the qualified and experienced team at JML Law to be by your side. We will work diligently to secure the compensation you need.
These Crashes Can Be Bad
The crash we are talking about happened recently near Acton and shut down the 14 Freeway for a while. It involved multiple vehicles in a chain-reaction crash, including a propane tanker truck.
A mother and daughter were injured in the crash and were airlifted to trauma centers. Three others were injured and taken to nearby hospitals in ambulances. Thankfully, everyone is expected to survive the incident.
We know this crash could have been much worse. Commercial trucks are very large vehicles that weigh, on average, 15 times more than a passenger vehicle. When these truck as involved in crashes, it is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries/head injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
For many of these injuries, it is not uncommon for victims to see medical bills that reach into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. If a victim is unable to work while they recover, this could mean lost income they need to support themselves and their families.
How Do They happen?
We know that there are two main causes of truck accidents:
- Vehicle failure – it is vital the truck companies regularly inspect and maintain their vehicles in order to prevent any system from failing. This includes the powertrain, tires/wheels, brakes, steering, suspension, lighting, connections and more.
- Driver error – all truck drivers need to be fully trained to operate each vehicle they driver. They should always follow all state and federal laws regarding trucks and should never operate while impaired or distracted.
*Please note that many trucks, like the one mentioned in the story, carry hazardous materials that can extend the injuries to a wide area.
What You Need To Do Now
If you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicle crash or an incident involving a large truck, you may need to seek legal assistance. At JML Law, we know that the aftermath of these incidents can become complicated and confusing. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will work to ensure that you are treated fairly by insurance companies and receive the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible
When you need a Los Angeles truck accident attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.