In all unfortunate car accident cases, someone is at fault. If you happen to be the driver at fault, please do your best to follow the suggested steps below:
- Make sure to stop your car and check for injuries in all vehicles involved in the incident. Start with checking your passengers, yourself and then move on to check that others involved are ok as well.
- If the situation and time allows, exchange information with the other drivers involved in the car accident. Provide your name, phone number and your insurance provider. Make sure to obtain their information as well.
- Contact the police and wait for them to arrive. Report the incident with the police and wait for them to give you the ok to leave the scene.
- Report the car accident to your insurance carrier.
- Find out if your payments to the insurer will increase.
- Inquire into your deductibles and responsibilities.
Purchasing accident forgiveness before the incident occurred will help you keep your insurance policy from raising.